We know that you may have questions about our services, your treatment plan and related healthcare issues as one of Pain Rehabilitation Associates’ patients. That’s why on this patient FAQs area, we’ve listed answers to the most frequently asked questions you may have.
If you don’t see the answer to your question, please contact us at 888-YBN-PAIN and a member of our office staff will be more than happy to help you. Our patient service representatives are available by telephone Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:30p.m.
How do I make or reschedule an appointment?
Making or rescheduling appointments is a rather simple process. You can:
- Call us at 888-YBN-PAIN or contact us online to immediately request an appointment.
- Request a non-emergent appointment here on the web site
- If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, please provide notification as soon as possible so that other patients needing services may be accommodated. Twenty-four hour notice is appreciated.
Do you take walk-ins or same day appointments?
YES. We know that when you’re hurt, you want and often need to see a doctor the same day. Simply, call or contact us at 888-YBN-PAIN and our staff will work diligently to get you seen as soon as possible.
What to expect at my first appointment?
When you visit our clinic, your physician will assess your medical condition, discuss treatment options with you and then assist you in selecting the most effective treatment plan to help you achieve and maintain an active and functional life-style. The physician or nurse practitioner may use diagnostic imaging during your appointment to help determine your course of treatment. Our providers use a conservative approach often suggesting other forms of treatment prior to recommending surgery.
What should I bring to my appointment?
To ensure a smooth and speedy check-in for your appointment, please bring the items listed below with you.
- Your insurance cards
- A picture ID (e.g. Driver’s License, School ID)
- Physician referral forms – if required by your insurance
- List of prescriptions, over-the-counter medication and/or supplements, including dose and frequency
- Information about your medical and surgical history
- Recent x-rays or scans (i.e. MRI or CAT scans)
- Completed medical history form (link to forms)
What Insurance Plans do You Accept?
We accept most major insurance plans, but if you don’t see yours below, please contact us as we try to work with all patients regardless of insurance coverage.
- Common Ground
- Integrated Health Plan
- Network Health Plan
- United Health Care
Do you handle Workers Compensation cases?
YES! Pain Rehabilitation Associates is committed to providing workers’ compensation patients with the highest level of care and compassion. Our specialists strive to restore your function and mobility to get you back to work in a timely and efficient manner.
For patients, we provide prompt, specialty-trained orthopedic care for virtually all areas of the body at our five locations. Our providers will first consider nonsurgical, conservative treatment and only recommend surgery if absolutely necessary.
If you are injured at work, be sure to report the injury to your employer. We need authorization from your employer’s workers compensation carrier before we can process any of your medical claims. It is your responsibility to provide us with name and phone number of the contact person at your place of employment. If we are unable to get authorization prior to your appointment your claims will be billed to your medical insurance. Any denied claims will be your financial responsibility.
To schedule an appointment with Pain Rehabilitation Associates, please call our appointment line at 888-YBN-PAIN, and a member of our staff will be happy to assist you.
How can I get a copy of my medical records?
If you need a copy of your medical records, please complete the Medical Records Request Form and fax to our office at 888-YBN-PAIN. A small fee may apply for these copies.
Do you provide work or school notes?
YES. For some orthopedic injuries and procedures specific restrictions or time off from work, school or sports may be needed. Contact your physician by calling 888-YBN-PAIN.
How do I Pay My Bill?
Making a payment to Pain Rehabilitation Associates is rather simple.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Commercial insurance
- Worker’s compensation claims
- Personal injury cases
To do so, you can:
- Mail your payment to: 2626 N Wauwatosa Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53213 with the designated portion of your monthly statement. It is recommended you write your account number on your check. Please be aware that there is a $30 fee for a check that is returned for any reason.
- Drop off your payment at one of our 5 locations (Wauwatosa, Oak Creek, Racine, Waukesha or Glendale).
- Call our patient representative at 888-YBN-PAIN to make a payment with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
- For ALL billing questions, please call 414-443-9283.
For detailed information on our Financial Policy, please read here or request a copy from Pain Rehabilitation staff member.