If you are experiencing chronic headaches, jaw or facial pain, consider seeking medical attention. Headaches and migraines can be some of the most uncomfortable and debilitating pain we can experience. Nearly 40 million American adults experience head and face pain on a regular basis. Pain can manifest either in the face, the skull, or involve the whole head.
Face pain may be dull and throbbing or an intense, stabbing feeling in the face or forehead. Symptoms can occur in one or both sides. Facial pain has many causes and can severely impact your quality of life. Our providers at Pain Rehabilitation Associates will attempt to find the source of your pain and develop a comprehensive personalized treatment plan to help you live a better quality of life.
Our pain management approach includes an extensive history and physical examination of the jaw, mouth, neck, and spine. During your examination, we will pay close attention to posture, joint mobility, movement patterns, and perpetuating factors to ensure that we develop an effective and comprehensive personalized treatment plan for you.
Common conditions we help:
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMD) disorders
- Masticatory (chewing) musculoskeletal pain
- Cervical (neck) musculoskeletal pain
- Neurovascular pain
- Neuropathic (nerve) pain
- Sleep disorders related to orofacial pain
- Orofacial dystonias
- Headaches and migraines
- Intra-oral, intracranial, extracranial, and systemic disorders that cause orofacial pain
Treatment techniques used for patients with jaw/facial pain include:
- Manual therapy including: soft tissue mobilization of cervical and facial muscles, intra-oral releases, joint mobilizations, cervical manual traction, passive stretches
- Therapeutic exercises focusing on relaxation, mobilization, strengthening and balance
- Treatment modalities may also include: ultrasound, intra-oral neuroprobe, interferential therapy (heat/cold)
- Posture education including Pilates-based exercise program
- Home exercises
No one should have to be challenged with headaches or jaw pain. If you are experiencing headaches or jaw and/or facial pain, call us today at 888-YBN-PAIN for your appointment.